The Big Food Rescue follows a new charity, as they try to make a dent in the 10 million tonnes of food thrown away in the UK every year.

Robin Aitken and David Cairns aim to stop edible food going to landfill and instead deliver it to charities and people that are in need. They use a business model that's worked for their organisation in Oxford - but can they make it work in London, a city 55 times the size?

The series also showcases inventive schemes from around the country aimed at reducing food waste.

The Big Food Rescue - Netflix

Type: Documentary

Languages: English

Status: To Be Determined

Runtime: 45 minutes

Premier: 2016-11-28

The Big Food Rescue - Food Network - Netflix

Food Network is an American basic cable and satellite television channel that is owned by Television Food Network, G.P., a joint venture and general partnership between Discovery Inc. (which owns 70% of the network) and the Tribune Company (which owns the remaining 30%). Despite this ownership structure, the channel is managed as a division of Discovery Networks. The channel airs both specials and regular episodic programs about food and cooking. In addition to its headquarters in New York City, Food Network has offices in Atlanta, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago, Detroit, Jersey City, Cincinnati, and Knoxville, Tennessee. 95 million households receive Food Network as of January 2016.

The Big Food Rescue - See also - Netflix

Food Network (Canada) Food Network (Australia) List of programs broadcast by the Food Network The Food Network Awards

The Big Food Rescue - References - Netflix